11.17.2012

Seven Months Later...

I want to blog. I really do! I love writing and sharing my thoughts, but DANG! Seven months and no posts?! Let me tell YOU that things have been happening. BIG THINGS!

1. I left my old job and got a new one. Some might even say a better one.
2. I didn't start my masters degree because I have no money to do so, and- let's face it- though having a masters in TESOL is probably a good investment that will get me a good job- it's not my dream right now.
3. I was selected to be given free weight loss medical treatment at Seoul Kunghee Dodream Oriental Medical Clinic here in Korea. I have lost quite a bit of weight, gone down a size in all my clothes and feel GREAT! I have to take herbal medicine before every meal, have a meal supplement (not protein, but vitamins) for dinner instead of eating, and take herbal tablets once a day. I can only eat lean meat and vegetables + tomatoes. Some might call this a "paleo" diet. I also visit the doctor once a week for acupuncture and other physical treatments to assist in my weight loss. I'll be continuing with the paleo diet after my treatment is finished in January to keep my body in tip-top shape. This is a HUGE life change and I couldn't be happier about it!

Maybe you can't see a difference, but I can!

4. I adopted a dog. She's amazing. Her name is Pepper. Many people speculate why I named her thusly. Let me explain: While I do LOVE pepper of every kind: freshly ground pepper, not-so-freshly-ground pepper, red pepper flakes, bell peppers, adobe peppers (I think you get the point), that's not why I named her Pepper. I named her Pepper because she's spunky. And by spunky, I mean hyper. And by hyper, I mean has separation anxiety. We're working on it, but still. She's spicy in the personality sense. It's funny, because when I tell Koreans her name, they look taken-aback and ask me "like the spice?" and I say yes and then they say something about eating her and then I'm like "you're gross and mean."

Everyone needs a little more Pepper in their life.

5. I've started reading "Finding Your Own North Star" by Martha Beck. This book has changed my life and I'm not even half way through it. I was feeling empty and emotionless. I felt like my life had no purpose or goal. I wanted to do many things and had no feasible way of accomplishing them. I knew that nobody took me seriously, that I was a nobody, that people treated me second rate, and that maybe I deserved to be in the place I was in because I wasn't worth it. Despite the positive and encouraging posts I wrote earlier this year, I didn't really believe in myself or have a shred of confidence. But, things are changing. I am. I'm ridding my life of nonsense. I'm using my control issues for good not evil! All negativity and people who affect me negatively BE GONE! And THAT, my friends, is just the beginning.


So, I'm sure you can see that I've been quite busy. It's a goal of mine to update this blog more often, let's see if I can stick to it. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment