4.02.2012

Determined.

"The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses.  No one to lean on, rely on, or blame.  The gift is yours- it is an amazing journey- and you alone are responsible for the quality of it.  This is the day your life really begins."

Oh, how time changes things.  Wrinkled skin and sunken eyes.  New unions and shriveled relationships.  Fading memories and new goals for the future.  A few posts ago I spoke of planning to go back to the States.  I planned on opening my own business after a year or so of working to save money.  After a little research, reality has set in.  There are so few opportunities at home.  So little that someone with my educational background and work history could actually thrive doing.  My goal was to open my own business so I can travel wherever I want, whenever I wanted, because I'm my own boss.  Or, I could get a job where I travel everywhere.  But guess what... I have a job where I can travel anywhere.  Just not at the frequency of which I'd like to travel, haha!  I teach at an English academy in South Korea... literally just a few hundred dollars away from most other Asian countries.  Also, I really like my job, except that I don't feel like I'm actually teaching.  The younger kids just say naughty things in Korean and have very little attention spans and absolutely no desire to learn English.  But, my older middle school and high school aged kids are AWESOME!  I don't feel like my work day really starts until the very end, when my middle school kids come in.  They are full of questions and hilarious comments.  I get along with them so well.  And the older they are, the more fun  have in class- at work.  Fun?  Work?  Same sentence?  Yes.  This is only one of many reasons why I've decided to go back to school to earn my Masters of Education degree in TESOL.  My goal is to work while I earn my degree.  I hope that with this new addition to my resume, I can get a job at a University here in Korea.  This will be a dream come true!  I could actually teach.  I could travel a lot.  I could enrich my life, and hopefully others', by being a professor at a University. This degree could also ensure me job security.  English is the global business language.  Everyone is learning English not only for business but to enrich their resumes, and their lives.  I could probably get a job anywhere in the world.  I wanted to go home because I miss my family.  I'm missing my little sisters growing up and achieving their goals and living their lives.  I'm missing my parents growing older and doing new exciting things with their lives.  I want to be a part of that, but pictures, videos and stories will have to do.  They will just have to come visit me here.  :3  I need to live my life for me. This is my life.  I can fulfill all my dreams.  I can do anything I put my mind to.  I will do everything I've dreamed of and be all I've ever wanted to be. The only person who can say I can't do it is me.


3 comments:

  1. I like the positive energy you have, it is encouraging ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 You are amazing and you are 100% on track to living your own life! Keep the positive love for yourself flowing!

    ReplyDelete