2.12.2012

LUSH in Seoul

I'm a LUSHie...  I can't help myself.  I love good smelling things, and those stores are full of them!  If I had majored in Chemistry, I might try for a job at their probably lovely smelling creation factory.  There is a LUSH store here in Seoul, which I spent a pretty won at during the holiday weekend.  It all started with a huge Christmas package in the mail from my family who gifted a large box full of LUSHy goodness inside.  After getting a whiff of those tempting scents, I followed my nose to the nearest store for a look around.  The store is quite small but they have the walls and tables covered with soaps and creams and bars and sprays.  The staff have been trained VERY well and know their LUSH!  My favorite staff member is "Chick"  That's his English name at least, haha.  I visited the store more times than I want to admit during my 6 day holiday and spent more than I should have.

I made a new friend on the metro here who told me there are at least 2 other LUSH stores she knows of at various metro stops around Seoul.  What luck that I could make such a knowledgeable friend!  I hope to meet up with her again soon and discover these delightfully scented hidden treasure stores.  Maybe they have different products on their shelves than the one in Hongdae?

During my various trips to LUSH, I picked up a few things.  I'll review those here, as well as the gifts my family sent!

This, my dear readers, is the sandstone.  It is citrusy fresh and has serious sand scrubbing powers!  I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate it one bit (like other exfoliating soaps).  I use it when I'm feeling rough around the edges and it leaves me feeling slick and smooth.

This is Karma <3  Karma is a signature scent of LUSH and for a very good reason too!  It brings out the tree hugging sun shiny hippy in me.  I feel like going outside and running bare foot through the grass (if Korea had grass, that is!).  It has a wonderful lather too!

Glogg is a holiday limited edition liquid soap.  I picked it up and gave it a try.  It smells like sugar and spice and everything nice.  Seriously!  I don't know how else to describe it.  It's like a drink you'd have on a warm winters night to warm your very soul.
The Olive Branch is a very inviting and soothing liquid soap that is warm and wraps you in its silky scents.

A massage bar tin full of...

Something.  What this is, I do not know.  It looks like a shampoo bar, but it busted up in the mail like this. I rubbed a bit on my arm in the shower.  It was super rough at first but left my skin feeling like an oiled wrestler ready to shine in the spotlight, but without looking or feeling greasy.  Anybody have any ideas as to what this is?

Ultra Bland is a make up remover that ROCKS!  On nights when I wear extra thick and heavy eye make up, this does the trick and whisks it right off my face.  It makes your skin feel really really surprisingly soft after using it.

This Two's a Pair  bar smells divine!  It's super citrusy!

Sea Vegetable soap!

Up You Gets smells like sunshine and lemons!

Karma Komba shampoo bar smells just like Karma soap.  And it's specially formulated for fine tangly hair like mine!  Whoopee! 

Breath of God was given to me by Chick as a free gift because I had spent so much time and money there.  When I sniffed it at the store, I thought it was REPULSIVE.  Then I got home and thought, well, I'll just try a little spritz and see how it smells on me.  Dear baby Jesus-- (pun totally intended) it smells GOOD.  It smells like wood and camping and ... home.  I don't want to smell like a tree, and honestly I've never been camping, but it just makes me feel warm and comfortable.  Don't sniff it-- try it!  And it definitely stays with you allllll day.

I purchased the Karma perfume because I love the scent so much!



Pow Wow is another limited edition product I picked up.  It's a lip scrub that has...wait for it....POP ROCKS as the scrubby part!  Seriously!  Pop rocks!  It tastes sweet like candy and the pop rocks pop in your mouth!  It is a little messy-- but totally worth it.


I will be making another trip back to LUSH this month to buy things they didn't have in stock or I didn't have the money for at that time, so look out for more reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment